Riverside High School Campus is currently closed. E-Learning will continue throughout the 2019-20 school year.
« Back to News & Announcements
Mon, September 9, 2019
Monday, September 9, 2019
Anyone interested in playing baseball this fall should see Mr. Hughes Monday or Tuesday for information.
There will be two call out meetings this week for Riley Dance Marathon. Call out meetings will take place on Wednesday after school until 4:45, and Thursday before school at 8:00. You do not need to attend both. See Lissa Perez or Mrs. McNeely with questions.
Thursday your Argonaut Soccer team takes on KIPP at 6 pm at Kuntz Stadium. This is our first home match so please come out and cheer on your team.
Interested in Hispanic Heritage Month? A call-out meeting will be held tomorrow during advisory in front of Mrs. Dorsey’s office. Please see Marcella or Esmeralda with questions!
Monday afternoons are Dungeons and Dragons Club! See Ms. Gardner for more details!
Send your best #BestieSelfie to Mr. Harper and we’ll put it on the announcements! NEW: Send a selfie with a teacher and we’ll put it on the announcements!
For this week only, Mr. Bear’s office hours will be Wednesday morning and Wednesday afternoon.
The Armory History Club will meet this Thursday, Sept. 12, from 4:15pm – 5:00pm in Room 127. Come to talk about the history of our building and work together to learn more about it!
P7 club is meeting on Tuesday at 8:15am in Mrs.Parsons room there will be snacks.
There will be an Argonaut 80 meeting this Friday at 8:30 in the choir room.
- Anime club will have its first meeting Tuesday September 10th in room 207 (Ms. Gardner’s room) from 4:15 pm – 5:15 pm. In our first meeting we will discuss what types of activities we would like this club to include!
- Anonymous essay contest for yearbook! What does being a Freshman/Sophomore/Junior mean to you? Requirements: Must be 1-2 paragraphs (no longer, no less) and no profanity/jargon/slang. Turn into Mr. Kocian and we will select anonymously. Prize TBD!
- Argonaut 80 met Friday morning and talked about the future of Argonaut 80 for this coming year! We also talked about many ideas we are trying to set in motion such as a haunted house, school-wide surveys, homecoming, and a life skills club! For all our new students if you are interested in joining Argonaut 80, elections will begin after fall break. We are so excited to make this school year the best one yet!
- Did you miss us at Stitches club last Tuesday? If so, no worries! Stitches Club will have 2 club sessions per week starting next week. They will be Tuesday MORNINGS as well as Tuesday AFTERNOONS! If you cannot attend in the afternoon, come on Tuesday morning. We would love to see you there!
- Do you want to make the world a better place? What is it that we owe to each other as fellow human beings? Come to the call-out meeting of Volunteer Club Friday afternoon 4:15 – 5:00 in room 201.
- Ready to learn about the wonders of space? Want to look at the Moon, Jupiter, Saturn and more through a telescope? Join Astronomy club! Our first meeting will be on Wednesday September 11th after school in Mr. Hibshman’s room (Rm 124).
- Scholars, did you know that performance in English and Math class as well as strong attendance are the top predictors of high school success and on-time graduation? Additionally, did you know that you have 42 minutes of passing period time each day, in addition to a 28 minute lunch – during which you can use the restroom or get a drink of water? To support your success, please limit any additional breaks out of class to emergencies only so as to prioritize what is happening in class. Students who are misusing breaks out of class or who are regularly gone for more than 5 minutes while on a break will have a hallway pass restriction.
- This Friday is a blue jeans day for Homecoming on October 25th! Pay $1 in quarters or in a dollar bill to wear blue jeans without any rips, tears, or holes.
- Prom is April 25th!
- NWEA testing will continue this week for 9th and 10 graders who have not finished. Plan on reduced seminar time.
- Today is Grade Check Monday. This is a time to check grades, check missing work, create a plan to complete missing work and remediations, and check in with your Advisory teacher to discuss a plan. During Grade Check Mondays, you can do the following:
- Check grades individually and quietly at your seat
- Work on IP independently and quietly
- Study for upcoming tests/quizzes quietly