This page provides the information our families need for our 2021-22 school year.
Check back here for updates.
Quick Access to Important Links:
ICS Virtual Learning Step-By-Step
August 31 Message from Head of School
August 30-Sept 3 Communication to Families
Updated COVID-19 Guidelines (8/23/21)
Download 8/17/21 Letter from Head of School
Full guidelines from the Marion County Public Health Department
Download 7/26/21 Letter from Head of School
COVID-19 Screening Guidelines
August 31, 2021 – Message from Head of School
Summary of message:
- Tuesday, 8/31, is a virtual and synchronous B-Day.
- Students can find the Zoom links for their classes by visiting their Google Classroom pages. Go to classroom.google.com, make sure you are logged in with your @riversidehighschool.org gmail account, and click on the correct Google Classroom page for the class period. The Zoom link for each class will be at the top of the Stream and Classwork tabs.
- You can also review tips for virtual learning and accessing accounts here: https://tinyurl.com/ICSVirtualLearningInfo21-22
- Please reach out to email@example.com for technology questions and AHS@riversidehighschool.org or firstname.lastname@example.org with any other general questions.
View entire message
August 29, 2021 – Riverside HS Communication for Virtual Week 8/30 – 9/3
Summary of message:
Due to a heightened number of quarantine needs impacting our staff coverage, Riverside High School will operate virtually for the week of August 30th. Friday, September 3, was already scheduled to be a virtual day for students and a professional development day for faculty and staff. Out of an abundance of caution, by being virtual all week, and with Labor Day weekend next weekend, we are able to minimize any
further quarantine needs for students, faculty, and staff as we prepare for a full in-person return on Tuesday, September 7.
The schedule is as follows:
Monday, 8/30: Asynchronous A-Day
Tuesday, 8/31: Synchronous B-Day
Wednesday, 9/1: Synchronous A-Day
Thursday, 9/2: Synchronous B-Day
Friday, 9/3: Asynchronous C-Day
View entire communication
August 23, 2021 – Updated COVID-19 Guidelines
The ICS COVID-19 Guidelines have been updated to reflect the most up to date data and advice from the Marion County Public Health Department.
Download COVID-19 Guidelines
August 17, 2021 – Letter from Head of School
Summary of updates
COVID-19 Quarantine Length Update
In accordance with Marion County Public Health Department guidelines, starting Tuesday, August 17, and going forward, all individuals who are not fully vaccinated and who are identified as a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case will quarantine for 14 days from the last date of exposure. This is an adjustment from our initial timeline of 10 days. Individuals who are fully vaccinated (2 weeks past the last required shot) will not need to quarantine but are asked to proactively obtain a COVID-19 test on days 3-5 past exposure.
COVID-19 Testing Update
If a student demonstrates symptoms of COVID-19, a negative COVID-19 test and resolved symptoms will be required before returning to school. Only full PCR test results will be accepted. Rapid and antigen tests will not be accepted to allow a student to return. This is a change from previous practices.
Download complete letter here
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
ICS will be hosting a Vaccine Clinic in partnership with Eskenazi Health at Riverside High School on Saturday, July 31, from 8:30 -11:30 AM. Additional information can be found here.
July 26, 2021 – Letter from Head of School
Outline of COVID-19 Protocols
- The ICS COVID-19 protocols were created based on updated guidance from the Marion County Public Health Department, the Indiana State Health Department, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. These protocols are subject to change based on new guidance from the health departments/organizations listed above.
- In-Person Learning – Both Herron and Riverside High Schools will offer exclusively 100% in-person learning, five days a week, for all students for the 2021-2022 school year. A virtual option will not be offered at this time. The weekly schedule will be as follows
● Mondays-Thursdays, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
● Fridays, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- All students, faculty, and staff at all Indianapolis Classical Schools (including Herron, Riverside, and Herron Preparatory Academy) will wear masks at all times while indoors on campus except while eating and drinking, regardless of vaccination status. We plan to re-evaluate mask-wearing policies at
- When possible, classrooms will be arranged to accommodate at least three feet of social distancing.
- Self-Screening and Symptomatic Individuals – Before arriving to school, all students, faculty, and staff must self-screen each morning for COVID-19 symptoms including:
● Fever or chills
● Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
● Muscle or body aches
● New loss of taste or smell
● Sore throat
● Congestion or runny nose
● Nausea or vomiting
- Any individual exhibiting any of these symptoms should isolate and consult with a medical professional and reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 317-231-0010 to report attendance and determine next steps. In order to return to school, individuals have three options:- Provide proof of alternate diagnosis from a medical provider and symptom-free
– Provide proof of negative COVID-19 test and be symptom-free
– If not pursuing alternate diagnosis or COVID-19 testing, 10 days of isolation and symptoms resolved with fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication.
Download complete letter here